Find out if you can be a member of a Host Network-
To be eligible as a Host Network, you need 5 people. Each member of the group must:
- be 18 years of age or older,
- be an American citizen or permanent resident,
- reside in the community where the refugee will live, and
- make a commitment to support the refugee financially and with settlement support for the duration of the scholarship period (usually 15months from the time of their arrival in Utah County).
Some people cannot participate in a Host Network scholarship. Persons are ineligible to scholarship refugees as a Host Network if they:
- have been convicted inside or outside USA of a serious criminal offence
- are in default of any court-ordered support payments (i.e. child support or a previous sponsorship); or
- are subject to a removal order; or
- are detained in any penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison.